Hi friend. I am regular reader of Zealousweb Blogs. I found here a lot of information in order to grow my business locally. Thank you so much and please keep sharing information like this.
Now Is The Right Time To Merge Google Plus With Google Places
Do you have a local business or place?
If yes, you want to do business within a radius of 3-5 mile surrounding your place.
Studies shows that 43% of Google queries are local searches. And 74% of these queries are done via mobile devices.
Google+ Local Page
Google has recently started upgrading its Google places dashboard, a back-end tool that enable local business manage how their business information will appear in search results. With this update, Google’s local search results and business listings have now become Google+ Local.
Your Google+ Local page is actually the unification of your Google place listing and Google+ Business Page. It now allows you to add directions, images, reviews, videos and other Google+ page attributes.
It has been more than 10 months now Google replaced places with Google+ Local and all the data was migrated to Google+ Local appears on your Google+ business page. So, if you haven’t yet merged your Places listing with Google+ page, you are ignoring bolstered SEO and customer engagement.
Why Should I Merge?
As said above, Google+ Local was introduced with a main goal of merging it with Google+ pages, and not merging them is no less than neglecting a great business opportunity. However, if you are still not convinced, let’s dig deeper:
- Increase Visibility In Search Results -Google+ Local websites are given top priority by SERPs.
- Enlarged Visuals with new tabs of Posts, About, Photos and Video added.
- Direct Communication with targeted audience via shared links, videos and posts.
- Word Of Mouth Advertising With Reviews. Integrate customers’ review or feedback about your product into Google place description. It is extremely helpful for businesses belonging to food, decor and service category.
- Optimize Your Time By Appointing Multiple Managers to manage your Google+ Local page. Ask them to update your business location information periodically.
- Have Multiple Pages for multiple branches or departments.
- ‘Friend Recommendations’ are shown at the top in search results. Searches made in Google Search, Google + Local, or in Google Maps will also showcase results from that user’s Google+ Circle connections. For example, if i am searching for a cafe in my area, sites that have reviews from my friends (circles) will be ranked higher than other sites. This clearly says that Google+ local search recommend friends.
Here is the embedded version of PPT We’ve created on Merging of Google Plus And Google Places
According to experts, Google is keen on bringing more business page related updates in the coming years. So, what’s holding you back? Optimize Google+ page to improve your visibility in search results on your own or hire SEO consultant with ample experience and skills.
Google has unveiled major changes to its local search algorithm. It now allows businesses to merge Google places with Google+ business page, and improve their visibility in search results.